Create report from notes by date

Notes on the new SeedCode Complete template for FileMaker 13
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:30 pm
Which file can I query to generate a report of contact notes? Also, what syntax should be used to generate the report by date and active contacts only?

Thanks
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:46 pm
Hi Ken,

Notes are in the "Notes" table in the file "SeedCodeModel". As for the report, I'd just make a new subsummary report layout in the SeedCodeComplete file, maybe basing it on one of the existing reports like "Sales By Item Print". Base this layout on the "ContactNotes" table occurrence and summarize by contact or date. Then you can script a find for active contacts and use the GoToRelatedRecord script step with the found set option to get all the notes records for the found set of (active) contacts. Sort by contact, then date, and you're off and running.

Hope that helps.

Notes.png
Notes.png (549.82 KiB) Viewed 13278 times
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:48 pm
Thanks for the info John. I was able to retrieve client notes and sort properly. Using the Sales by Item and Sales by Item Print worked extremely well. You guys have done an excellent job documenting and keeping things well defined and symmetrical. I easily added the new client notes procedure to the reports layout by following the layout design.

Many thanks.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:09 am
Hi Ken,

That's great to hear that you were able to get your client notes on the reports layout!

Regards,

KC

Return to SeedCode Complete 13