Permission Error when adding Process Milestones for Project

Notes on the new SeedCode Complete template for FileMaker 13
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:31 pm
Hi Guys,

I am just starting to use the Project section and noted, that I am getting a permission error when I load the Process Milestones when changing Status for a Project.

I found out the script "OK Project Edit" is the culprit at step 35 (see also screenshot).

Since I am a Full Access user, I checked the fields, but non of them has any restrictions or is a calculation, so I am a bit lost why this is happening?
Have you come across this?

Thanking you in advance.

kind regards

Regine
Attachments
error.PNG
error.PNG (15.12 KiB) Viewed 17728 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:27 am
Hi Regine,

Thanks for providing some details on the issue you're running into. Could I have you provide the exact error message (and error code) you're running into so we can get a better idea of what is causing this issue?

Thanks,

KC
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:16 am
Hi KC,

thanks for your response.

i have taken a screenshot, see attached.

Since I am the only one using the database most of the time, it can't be the issue that another user is on the same record.

I have added also a screenshot of the script OK Project Edit. I do get the Project name filled in automatically and I added a commit record after, but it didn't help either.

Thanks

kind regards

Regine
Attachments
script start.PNG
script start.PNG (54.66 KiB) Viewed 17716 times
error message.PNG
error message.PNG (35.91 KiB) Viewed 17716 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:48 am
Hi Regine,

That error message really points to the records being locked for some reason. Have you checked the server administration console to be sure that nobody else is currently logged into the file?

Even if they're not actively changing fields in the record, if the records have been left open on another machine (or another window on your machine), they could be locked for editing.

Do you have any custom scripts that might be opening the same records in another window at the same time (or have the project records open manually in another window) as this script is trying to modify them?

If you step through the script on line 37, you should see a FileMaker error code in red at the bottom of the script debugger. Which error is being thrown there?

Thanks,

KC
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:19 pm
Hi KC,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I worked out, that the script "Load Milestones Into Project Events" doesn't actually commit the records at the end and since I have added a step into "OK Project Edit" at a later stage trying to add something to the events it comes up with the error.

I have now added a commit step into "Load Milestones Into Project Events" and the error is gone.

So, all good.

Thanks

kind regards

Regine
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:30 pm
Excellent news, Regine!! I'll pass this on to KC. Thanks for letting us know!

- John
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Complete 13