call me stupid how to edit pdf invoice layout

Notes on the new SeedCode Complete template for FileMaker 13
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:13 am
Call me stupid but i can't find where to change the invoice layout that is used to generate the invoice pdf. We have edited in the past but i am totally clueless on where to find the layout used. When we started using seedcode complete years ago the invoice pdf was openend in a separate window on creation but these days it is displayed with a adobe viewer in a container field? can it be that because of this we don't have easy acces to the template? (just guessing at this point). We want to edit the layout but also start to make more printable templates like payment reminders and e-mail message layouts. Thanks for any help on this quest. P.S. we are running version 4.37
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:13 pm
Hi Mark,

Sorry for the delayed response on this. I'll get a video created for you that explains how you can modify the existing reports and point you in the right direction for duplicating the existing ones to create your own reports.

You will hear back from me by tomorrow!

Regards,

KC
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:41 pm
HI Mark,

All you have to do is enter layout mod in the SeedCode Complete file and find the InvoicePrint layout. As you've noticed, Complete normally shows the finished PDF in a container field, but you can change the look of that PDF the old-fashioned way: just by editing the right layout.

Hope that's good news,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Complete 13