Filtering Records

Help, Tips, and Tricks for deploying GoZync: our "sync" engine for FileMaker Go.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:57 am
I'm new to GoZync so perhaps it's something simple I'm missing. While I'm sending a Filter, the Find in GoZyncHosted does not seem to receive the parameter.

I've modified GoZyncMobile's "Send Filters to Pull" to send a userID.

"$TechID = " & Site::TechID & " ; "

the Script Debugger displays:

Filter Records to Zync ( GoZyncHosted.fmp12 , $TechID = mstuller ; )

but the Data Viewer has $TechID = ""

GoSync 3.171

Thanks, Mark Stuller
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:17 am
Hi Mark,

A couple of ideas come to mind:

1. Are you sure you're on the right layout when that script step happens (one based on your "Site" TO)?

2. Are you sure the Site::TechID field is actually populated in the record you were on when you saw that the $TechID variable was empty?

Jeff
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:56 am
jeffalmquist wrote:Hi Mark,

A couple of ideas come to mind:

1. Are you sure you're on the right layout when that script step happens (one based on your "Site" TO)?

2. Are you sure the Site::TechID field is actually populated in the record you were on when you saw that the $TechID variable was empty?

Jeff

Hi Jeff, thanks for the response.

Isn't the Script Debugger display of "Filter Records to Zync ( GoZyncHosted.fmp12 , $TechID = mstuller ; )" showing that the context was/is correct? That the 'Filter Records to Zync' *is* receiving the $TechID = mstuller? If so the script is being fed the right $TechID but the Data Viewer shows that the $TechID variable was not instantiated.

Mark
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:54 pm
Hi Mark,

We figured it out. Our documentation neglected to include FileMaker's "Quote" function in the code. So your example needs to look like this:

"$TechID = " & Quote ( Site::TechID ) & " ; "

Give that a try and let me know how it goes. We've updated our documentation to include that important detail:
http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... gFoundSets

Many thanks for bringing it to our attention! :)

Jeff
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:00 am
jeffalmquist wrote:Hi Mark,

We figured it out. Our documentation neglected to include FileMaker's "Quote" function in the code. So your example needs to look like this:

"$TechID = " & Quote ( Site::TechID ) & " ; "

Give that a try and let me know how it goes. We've updated our documentation to include that important detail:
http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... gFoundSets

Many thanks for bringing it to our attention! :)

Jeff

Thanks Jeff!

Worked perfectly. Indeed I'd wondered about the need for a quoted value but forgot to mention it! Other name/value pairs I've used required quoted values.

Thanks again, Mark
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:51 am
Excellent! Thanks for the feedback.

Jeff

Return to GoZync