Last sync TimeStamp

Help, Tips, and Tricks for deploying GoZync: our "sync" engine for FileMaker Go.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:39 pm
Hi,
We are running a few iPad Mini's which we sync manually towards the end of each day and this seems to work fine. However, the odd one gets missed out as it might be away from the office at the time.

What I would like to do is display a TimeStamp of when the last sync took place. This way, we can tell at a glance whether an iPad needs syncing or not. Does GoZync have a suitable field that I could use?

Thanks
Brian.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:28 pm
Hi Brian. Yes, the "LastTimeZync" field in the TableOccurrences table in GoZyncMobile stores the timestamp of the last zync. There is one record for each table you've configured to sync in that TableOccurrences table. HTH -Jeff
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:40 am
Hi Jason,
If each TO has multiple 'LastSync' records, what would be the best way to find the most recent Timestamp? We sync all the TO's, all the time so maybe a sort and find would do what I need?

Ah, I just noticed that the Timestamp only updates if there are changes to sync. So a TO that doesn't get altered is checked but not synced, therefore the Timestamp isn't updated.

Thanks
Brian.

Return to GoZync