Installing Updates

Help, Tips, and Tricks for deploying GoZync: our "sync" engine for FileMaker Go.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:16 am
Woops! You're right, sorry about that. I was looking at the files you sent in previously. I'll open your GZ5 files and try to figure out what's causing the "File is locked" error today.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:09 pm
Ok I figured it out. There is one small change in GoZyncMobile that I don't believe we included in the instructions for manually updating an earlier version of GZ5 (we will add it!). Edit the If[] condition in the "Finish Sync" script as shown in the attached screen shot so it looks like this:

Get ( LastMessageChoice ) = 2
and PatternCount ( Interface::Log ; "error" ) ≠ 0 // New in 5.031

As you can see from the comment, that second line is new in version 5.031. Make that change and let me know if that fixes the problem for you.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 6.05.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-07-24 at 6.05.25 PM.png (189.11 KiB) Viewed 13658 times
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:41 am
Hi Jeff,

That is brilliant, our mobile file is now successfully updating.

Am I correct in assuming that this should update the application and keep the existing data?

Upon updating all data is removed and a re-zync is required

Kind Regards,
Rick
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:58 am
When the mobile file is updated, the previous version will be overwritten, so none of that data will be preserved. That's why you want to edit the "Zync - Is a new version permitted" script in your mobile file to check for unsynced changes in the tables you specify before the new file is installed. We have some notes about that in the "Is a new version permitted?" section here: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.ph ... obileFiles

You could distribute the new mobile file prepopulated with any data that will be shared among all users (price lists, etc.), but any data that is filtered for each user will have to be downloaded on the first sync.
Previous

Return to GoZync