Error:802 when syncing

Help, Tips, and Tricks for deploying GoZync: our "sync" engine for FileMaker Go.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:25 am
Hi, I used Apple Configurator to add my FileMaker database and the GoZync feature to a dozen iPads. The iPads' function are a price list for our galleries in different locations around the U.S. The configurator allowed us to lock down the file so it could properly function but still limit the galleries' access. Most of the iPads synced without a problem in their remote locations. However, a few are showing the 802 error stating that there is a connection but the file is still unable to open. We have established that is a strong WiFi connection in the galleries. Is there a way to fix this so the iPads can properly sync? Thank you.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:07 pm
I haven't used Apple Configurator, so I can't say for sure that didn't introduce something undesirable. We recommend you use the mobile-file-deployment mechanism that's built into GoZync, where mobile users open GoZYncHosted over the network and download the mobile files directly to their device from the Downloads page. More about that here:
http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.ph ... obileFiles

I'm not sure why you'd be getting error 802 ("Unable to open file") on just some of the mobile devices. The first thing I'd do is make sure the network file paths to the hosted files in GoZyncMobile's External Data Sources are valid. Then make sure those devices that are getting the error have the latest version of the mobile files.

Look into those things and let me know what you find.

Return to GoZync