FM14 Default System Fonts Win10

Notes on the new SeedCode Complete template for FileMaker 13
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:07 am
Does anyone know how to set default system fonts with FM14 on Windows 10?

Using SC13 all fonts look fine until selecting from drop-down list. Fonts on drop-down lists are very small. These are not the fonts I have selected for this field.

Any ideas? I'm thinking system fonts but could be wrong. The default resolution in Win10 is set to 3000 by 2000 on a MS Surface Book.

Samples:

Scr1.PNG
Scr1.PNG (30.73 KiB) Viewed 12509 times

Scr2.PNG
Scr2.PNG (33.86 KiB) Viewed 12509 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:18 pm
Thanks for reaching out here!

I will be digging into this later today to try to reproduce what you're seeing and look for a solution for you.

Thanks again,
Dan
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:56 pm
Hello again,

I tried to replicate this on Windows 10 by adjusting the operating system-level font size and screen resolution, but couldn't get the popup menu text to display like yours. I wish I had more helpful info for you!

If you create another test file and add a popup menu field with a simple value list, do the popup menu values appear small in this file as well? Also, I doubt this would change anything, but if you change Themes in your system Settings, do the popup menus still display this way?

All the best,
Dan
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:16 am
Thanks Dan. I tried changing resolution in Win10 as well but still the drop-down/pop-up list fonts are the same. Doesn't happen on MacOSX though. Didn't find anything useful in my searches around the community either.

I will keep looking for now. Let me know if you come across anything. After the holidays I will open a case with Apple/Filemaker support.

Thanks for your help with this.

Ken
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:56 pm
Sounds good, Ken. Wish I could have been more help with this. I will let you know if I come across a solution, and if you think of it, let me here know if you find one also.

Happy Holidays!

Dan
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:29 pm
Hi Dan.

I finally found a solution that works for the new high DPI laptops and computers that are becoming more common these days. It's an app-by-app workaround using a manifest file to tell windows to turnoff DPI settings but keep the resolution the same.

It really makes Filemaker solutions usable with new hardware. Hopefully Apple/Filemaker will push out a fix or updated version of Filemaker that addresses this issue.

This workaround for Adobe products but works just fine for other products too. Fixed our Filemaker resolution problem on Surface Book high DPI Win10 setup.

Here a link to the actual workaround: http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app- ... plays-fix/

Ken
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:26 am
Ken,

So glad you found a working solution for this. And thanks so much for sharing it with us here! Hopefully others will find it helpful until this issue with FileMaker on high DPI Windows 10 is addressed.

Thanks again,
Dan

Return to SeedCode Complete 13