Updating To DayBack 9.92

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:07 pm
Please back up your file before making any changes.

If you haven't already, navigate to the "Settings" tab in the calendar sidebar and click "Account Settings". Click "Check For Updates". This button should change to "Install Update" and inform you that version 9.92 is available. Click "Install Update".

To update the necessary script, begin by downloading the latest version of DayBack here:

You should follow these instructions if you have done the embedded integration or the linking integration and you don't want to perform the integration all over again.

Normally our updates don't change so many FileMaker Scripts (most don't change any scripts) but this version adds some new features and bug fixes that are specifically related to scripts. We apologize for all these changes, but they're worth it.

The Changes

Update the following script in your current DayBack File (Your file if you have done an embedded integration), but don't delete the script itself. Rather, use the "Select All" command to select and delete the entire contents of each script, then copy/paste the updated contents of the script from the new version of DayBack into the corresponding script in your DayBack file. You may get an error when opening both files at the same time. This is expected and you can just say "OK" to those errors before continuing. Here is the script that needs to be updated this way:

"Can Run On Server"

Finishing Up:
Close the new DayBack file you used to copy the script contents from.
Change the build number recorded in the database. Navigate to "File -> Manage -> Database" then go to the "CalendarInterface" table. Change the "BuildNumberCalc" calculation to read "9.92". Click "OK" to save those changes.

Then please run the "Upon Opening" script in your file. This will ensure all of the new settings load properly and the calendar loads with the correct data.

That's it, enjoy DayBack 9.92.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:32 am
Hello!

I am having an issue printing the calendar ever since I updated to 9.91, and this update did not fix it. I have the same issue when trying to print from a newly downloaded version of 9.92 for this update.

I already set up a layout and script that have the required edits to the calendar layout for printing, and it was working up until now, but now when I try to print (or even try to look at it in preview mode) I get an error message that prevents the calendar from loading. I have attached a screenshot of the error, and once it pops up the program freezes. We print our calendar quite a bit, so I hope you can fix this or help me out.

Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 12.25.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 12.25.34 PM.png (15.43 KiB) Viewed 17295 times

Thanks!
Nick
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:34 pm
Hello Nick,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Since I wasn't able to reproduce this in a clean copy of DayBack, it looks like something that's going to take some troubleshooting. I've created a case in our support system and you should receive an email shortly with some more questions.

Thank you,

KC
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:59 pm
Just wondering if you came up with an answer that may help me. When I go to print or preview mode FileMaker produces an empty dialog box (just white) and appears to hang. But if I abort with cmd+ . preview mode comes up. Similarly if printing it prints.
I have tried this on a new layout with no script triggers and only the calendar web viewer on screen with script debugger open - no scripts are triggers.

OSX10.11.6 and FMP 14 and 15 - latest updates.

Thanks

Tim
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:36 pm
Hi Tim,

Yesterday we were able to verify this issue is occurring only on Mac systems and was introduced in one of our more recent builds. A bug case has been created and a fix will be released in a future version.

For now, the best way to print the calendar layout would be to take a screenshot of the view and print or save to the file format of your choosing.

Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

Regards,

KC
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:08 am
Thanks KC,

saves me wasting more time trying to diagnose!

Tim
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:41 pm
Hi KC,

just tested 9.94 to see if the problem is resolved, unfortunately not. I hope this is what you were expecting!

Cheers

Tim
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:38 am
Hi Tim,

Thanks for checking in.

The 9.94 update included some changes that were already in the pipeline. Unfortunately, it did not include a fix for the printing issue.

I wish I had better news for you. We do have plans to work on a fix for the printing issues in a future release, but we don't yet know exactly when it can be accomplished.

When we do release a fix, it will be included in the build notice. We've also got a note on the case to update the users that have notified us they are affected.

Thank you,

KC
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:19 pm
Hi Nick and Tim,

Great news, our latest DayBack update includes a fix for the printing issue you were experiencing!

This latest build is just an in-app update, but if you're upgrading from 9.92 or earlier, there are some script updates that will need to be applied in order for the calendar to work properly. You can take a look at our Version History documentation for a description of each build and instructions on the necessary script updates: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.php?n=DayBackForFileMaker.VersionHistory

Enjoy!

Regards,

KC
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:19 am
Thanks KC,

tested and all great. Thanks for the quick fix

Tim

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker