Linked events not automatically updating

Notes on the new SeedCode Complete template for FileMaker 13
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:16 pm
Hi KC,

I am having problems with the linked events. I only have one day events so I don't use the End Date at all, just the start date. So when I update the start date of a linked event, it doesn't change the linked event afterwards.

I had a look at the script, but if I read it correctly it should also work with the start date, correct?

I have a milestone template with 4 events, but only the last two are linked, could that be the problem? See attached screenshot.

Thanking you in advance.

Regine
Attachments
template.PNG
template.PNG (21.82 KiB) Viewed 25979 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:18 am
Hi Regine,

I'll take a look at this in a stock copy of Complete and get back to you with more info.

Regards,

KC
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:27 pm
Hi Regine,

Here's a quick video going over a change required in the "OK Project Event Edit" script to adjust linked milestones based on the start date, rather than the end date: https://seedcodevideos.s3.amazonaws.com ... 1-2018.mp4

Hope that helps!

KC
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:39 pm
Hi KC,

Sorry for the late response. I didn't seem to get the notification by email that you had responded.

So I tried it, but noted, that I am not in a Project, just in the Contacts screen, so I found the script OK Contact Event Edit and made a similar change there, but unfortunately it is not working.

I then had a closer look at the script and it refers to linked project events: "If this is a linked project event, then we need to update the linked events."

I also tried to find in the Events table a marker that my events are actually linked to each other, but couldn't find anything.

So, is this not working in Contact Events at all?

Thanks

Kind regards

Regine
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:34 am
Hi Regine,

Thanks for providing more details. I'll reach out to the team to see if they have any suggestions to make this work.

Thanks,

KC
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:41 am
Hi Regine,

In the "OK Contact Event Edit" script, you can make the changes highlighted in the attached screenshot to have the script determine the delta from the start date. (Add line 12, change $sc_dateEnd to $sc_dateStart in line 18)

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,

KC
Attachments
OKContactEdit.PNG
OKContactEdit.PNG (36.22 KiB) Viewed 25912 times
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:18 pm
Hi KC,

thanks for the update.

Unfortunately it is still not working.

Do I need to create a separate script similar to "Update Linked Events (Project ID; Event ID; StartDate ; Delta)" that needs to run?

Thanks

Kind regards

Regine
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:23 am
Hi Regine,

From testing in a stock copy of Complete, this looks like it works to update linked milestones/events that are in the same project. Are you looking to adjust all the events that are assigned to the contact, and not just linked events in the same project?

Thanks,

KC
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:51 pm
Hi KC,

Sorry, I should have been clear at the beginning. I don't have a project, just events attached to the contact.

These events are from the Process Template as shown in the screenshot from the 18/01/2018, but the template is only attached to Contacts.

So I will need another script?

Thanks

kind regards

Regine
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:33 am
Thanks, Regine.

Events are only linked to milestone within the context of a project. When you edit the events from the Contacts layout, the scripts will check if any other events in the same project need to be adjusted, but there's no linked milestone relationship setup between events and contacts that will be updated.

If you're not using the milestones in the context of a project, and would rather have these linked milestone events considered in relation to the contacts, we would be happy to help out with that as part of an implementation package. This would require a bit of customization of the scripts and relationships in Complete, but we should be able to complete this work within a 3-hour implementation package. If you'd like to move forward with that, you can pick up a 3-hour implementation package at the following link and we'll reach out to you to get the work scheduled:

https://sites.fastspring.com/seedcode/p ... onpackages

Regards,

KC

Return to SeedCode Complete 13