Your web browser has restricted...active content...

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:21 pm
Hello -

Upon starting my adapted Dayback running on Windows I see the following message, twice:

"To help protect your security, your web browser has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer. Click here for options…"

Clicking and allowing blocked content brings up a warning message. Clicking YES to that content is followed by the same message and warning after which I again select "YES." The Calendar is finally permitted to finish starting.

This has only been occurring since my upgrade to FileMaker Pro 17, and occurs only under Windows (Windows 10, specifically). None of this occurs on the Mac.

I've made changes in "Internet Settings" to allow Active X stuff to run, with no improvement.

Any thoughts on how to suppress this message permanently?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:53 pm
Hi wsmiii,

Thanks for providing the details on the issue you're experiencing.

There are a few things that can be causing this warning to show on Windows machines. If you're running a trial version of FileMaker 17, then this is a known issue that is usually resolved by installing a licensed version of FileMaker 17.

If that's not the case, take a look at our troubleshooting docs here for steps on trying to resolve this issue: https://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.p ... iptWarning

Let me know if that helps!

Regards,

KC
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:28 pm
Hello -

I am using a trial version on my two PC laptops (I own FileMaker Pro 17 Advanced for the Mac). Thanks for your help!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:21 am
Just a quick followup to this -

The blocked content message problem was resolved upon moving to a licensed version of FileMaker Pro 17.

However, what I found was that simply entering a key into the trial application wasn't enough (the problem persisted) - the problem was only resolved when I uninstalled the trial application and installed the installer that was provided upon purchasing licenses.

(Not sure what the difference is, as the second installer also offers to run as a trial before entering the license.)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:21 am
Just a quick followup to this -

The blocked content message problem was resolved upon moving to a licensed version of FileMaker Pro 17.

However, what I found was that simply entering a key into the trial application wasn't enough (the problem persisted) - the problem was only resolved when I uninstalled the trial application and installed the installer that was provided upon purchasing licenses.

(Not sure what the difference is, as the second installer also offers to run as a trial before entering the license.)
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:00 pm
Thanks for the details on that, wsmiii!

I'll get our documents updated to point that out.

Regards,

KC

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker