Load Calendar settings not applying

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:43 am
Hi,

I have some problems, in load calendar settings script I set default values but they don't apply to the calendar.

settings like show WE, hide sidebar... and I made sure that reset user setting in TRUE. The thing is, some settings applies like the start/end time...

All those values show with the correct value in the data viewer

I close the file, reboot, same results. FMA17

Look like it started after update 10.42 or 10.44 ??

How to trouble shoot this ?

Thanks
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:48 pm
I think you may have found something in 10.44, Jim. Diving into this now and will post more soon. Nice catch!
John Sindelar
SeedCode
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:24 pm
You're right: a subset of settings stopped working in 10.42 We're working on a fix and I'll post here when it's up. Thanks again!
John Sindelar
SeedCode
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 am
Hi Jim,
We just pushed an in-app update to fix these settings. Thanks again for letting us know! https://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.p ... ionHistory

- John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:06 pm
Thank God I was not the cause!!

By the way it's not Jim, it's JF short for Jean-Francois 8)
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:19 pm
> Thank God I was not the cause!!

LOL!!

> By the way it's not Jim, it's JF short for Jean-Francois 8)

Sorry about that; I thought I remembered corresonding with a JIm Fortier here. Thanks for the correction!

- John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:56 am
I (ok, a client) has had a similar issue today. Only 1 of 2 Calendars (sources) is showing by default. The 'Set Variable: $$sc_SourcesActive..' step has not changed - set to list(1;2;"") and the data viewer shows that this has performed.
Also one user had the sidebar open at startup despite $$sc_DefaultSidebarOpen being set to false - other users did not have this happen.

I have had to unlock the sidebar to allow users to fix this.

This was with 10.44, and updating to 10.46 has made no change. Users are on MacOS Sierra

Is there anything anywhere else part from the 'Load Calendar Settings - On Startup...' script that might be the issue?

Thanks
Tim
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:23 am
Hi Tim,

Sorry to hear you're still seeing issues with this. Since I'm not seeing this in a stock copy, we'll need to dive into your file to try and troubleshoot.

One thing to check would be to make sure you've applied all the required script updates, in order, from the version you were on before you upgraded to 10.44, and the latest. Details on these required script updates can be found in our version history page here: https://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/index.p ... ionHistory

The likely culprit could be the "Set Variable [$sc_OptionsResult" line at the bottom of the WebViewer Settings script. This is where most of the calendar settings are sent to the WebViewer calendar and these items must be sent in the right order to take effect correctly. You can really just copy this entire line from the latest copy of DayBack and replace the line in your file with the copied content to verify if this is the issue.

If that doesn't resolve it, please reach out to us at [email protected] and we'll dive into your file together.

Regards,

KC
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:08 am
Thanks KC,

Thanks for the quick response and Happy New Year.

Unfortunately I had that line correct, and confirmed by copying and pasting in from a current version from your site.
Running the 'Upon Opening' script step by step with the debugger the calendar is nor drawn properly - nit surprising - and displays a message to click to redraw.
Doing this step by step I see the problem occurs in the 'Insert events into Calendar' script - at least I think it is here - it is only getting 1 source to use in the 'Event Find' script, even though $$sc_SourcesActive was. showing 2 values (1 and 2)

Anywhere else I can look?

Thanks

Tim
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:30 am
Hi Tim,

Thanks for verifying that. Since we're not seeing this in a stock copy of DayBack, we'll need to either have you send over a copy of your file or schedule some time to screen-share together. I'll be reaching out by email with more details.

Regards,

KC

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker