Auto-Enter Fields

Notes on our latest calendar for FileMaker 13,: DayBack
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:43 am
Hi,

I've got some auto-enter fields in my events table, for example a a checkbox for conflicts that checks if 2 events overlap and a default start and end time....this don't always work as expected, for example, moving events to different days. I guess my question is...is there something different about the way payback updates records that would alter this behavior? Or maybe there's a setting or script I can run on modification?

Separate question...in the resource views...seems like you can only 'trim' the trailing end of an event, but not the leading one?

Graham
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:38 am
Hi Graham,

DayBack Classic uses the "Create Edit Delete Event" script to open the associated "Source No X" layout and save the value for each of the fields back to the record. Auto-enter behavior should be the same as if you manually edited these fields on the layout, so it's likely that the auto-enter calculation isn't being fired because of the rules that they follow.

If you want to just set other fields based on changes made to an event record whenever it's modified in DayBack, you can modify the "Create Edit Delete Event" script to do that.

Changing the duration of an event by dragging the edge is the same in all views that support it. You can change the end time to adjust the duration with the drag handle. But if you want to change both the scheduled time and duration, you'll need to do that in two separate drag actions. One to move the event to a new start/end time, and another to adjust to the duration.

I hope that helps!

Regards,

KC
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:50 am
Thanks KC as always for your quick responses...got it.

Return to DayBack Calendar for FileMaker