Animation in a Container

General Information about upcoming products, upgrades, etc.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:52 am
Hi all,

Is there a way I can place a .gif in a container for some 'movement' with an object that already has some movement?

Thanks... :roll:

Leoff
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:47 am
Hi, sorry for the delay in replying! I believe that you can place animated gifs in container fields and they will play once through. You can also insert flash movies through Insert / Quicktime and you can play the flash movie.

Let us know what you find.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:09 pm
...well, I HAVE attempted to insert, import and paste within a container an no luck...or, am I simply doing something wrong?

Much thanks for the help...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:58 am
..I'm still not having any success with gif...do yu have any 'better' solutions?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:09 am
The only way I can get a animated gif to play is to insert it into a container field using "Insert Movie". Then it will get a quicktime controller below it and play once when the play arrow is clicked. Can't seem to suppress the controller, unfortunately. You're only other option would be to use a loop to set a global container to various instances of an image. We do this for progress bars with (almost) no flicker. Not ideal, certainly.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:05 am
...much thanks for your help, will give it a go! However, I was hoping to get something more like my browser icon that might constantly be in motion. Would be an interesting feature don'tcha think?

Thanks for your help...

Leoff~

Return to FileMaker Products (General)