Sunday in wrong week in weekly view

Questions and suggestions for the CC Calendar product.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:13 am
First of all, the calendar is great. I'm really pleased with it compared to more expensive and harder to work calendars which didn't suit us at all. I'm customising a little. We work a lot of weekends, so I need more space for Saturday and Sunday in the weekly calendar. No bother.

But that brings me to the problem. If I select a Sunday in the mini-month and go to the Weekly view, or even if I start in Weekly, I see the week after the Sunday I selected. The selected date isn't visible at all. Obviously a Day1/Day8 thing, but I haven't a clue how to fix it.

Hoping for enlightenment,

Alison
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:15 am
Alison wrote:Obviously a Day1/Day8 thing

Absolutely right.

For whatever reason =) when we did the FM6 calendar, we chose to have the week view always start on Monday. This means that the Sunday shown on the week view is actually the "next" Sunday.

The simplest way to change this behavior is to switch the places of Sunday and Saturday. Then change the portal and fields of the Sunday section to use the Day1 relationships instead of the Day8 relationships. (Basically pick the same fields from Apptsby30DaySvhedPortalKey_1... instead of Apptsby30DaySvhedPortalKey_8...

However, if you have a lot of gigs on the weekends you may want to lengthen the week layout out to the right and copy/paste the Monday and Friday portal objects in there again to give you "real" columns for the weekend. Again, you'd have to point the fields and relationships to use the ...Key_1... and ...Key_7... relationships. The buttons in these portals also differ by day so you'll want to change those also.

Of course the FM7 calendar has all this for you already (each weekday is treated the same and starting the week on Monday is a user setting). It is also a much simpler calendar under the hood.

Hope that helps.

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:11 am
John wrote:
The simplest way to change this behavior is to switch the places of Sunday and Saturday. Then change the portal and fields of the Sunday section to use the Day1 relationships instead of the Day8 relationships.

If I understand correctly, you mean make the week display Sunday to Saturday. I quite like having Saturday and Sunday together.

I think I'll see if I can change which week displays when the selected date is Sunday. I don't even know if this is do-able, but it's worth a look.

Alison
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:45 am
Done it! It was easier than it looked.

Define a new field, ThirtyDay8WeekCalc, analogous to ThirtyDay7WeekCalc, changing 7 to 8 throughout.

Change script 'Locate Selected Week on Week View'. Exit the loop between ThirtyDay2WeekCalc and ThirtyDay8WeekCalc (instead of 1 and 7).

Change script 'Locate Selected Week'. Exit the loop between ThirtyDay2Calc and ThirtyDay8Calc (instead of 1 and 7).

I'm well aware that I may have broken some functionality in the switch between starting the week on Sunday or Monday. I haven't tested it as I don't need it. I suppose the modified scripts could be made conditional on the week start day, but I didn't bother. This calendar now works for me the way I want to use it.

High praise to those who wrote this. It's incredibly complex but easy to modify.

Thank you.

Alison
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:41 am
I am very appreciated

Return to CC Calendar (FM6)