FM8 advanced Custom menu script problem

General support questions.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:29 pm
Hello again,

I have a database for which I have given a very limited Custom Menu set for users as everything they are allowed to do is run from scripts and access privileges.

The thing is, when I wish to go into the database I need to get the full access Filemaker Standard Menu. I have set a script that says if I open the database under my own privilege set of Full Access then the Custom menu is the default Filemaker Standard Menu.

This is fine until I go to a different layout other than the one the database is set to open up at start-up. If I switch layouts or perform a script that takes me to a different layout I get the User custom menu which I have set. This is slowing me up at a bit as I keep having to switch to the Standard Menu Set with a stand-alone script.

Is there a script that will save me having to do this every time I switch layouts?

All the best,

David
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:22 am
Hi David,

I have to say that my Custom Menu experience is limited to those solutions that we've wrapped in our navigation engine... since all layout switches are scripted, we're recalling the appropriate menus at the end of each navigation script. So I don't know if there is a better way to handle this.

Short of scripting all your navigations you could perhaps use a plugin to run your "show me the correct menu script" each time you navigated to a new layout: using the plugin to assign the script to an unstored calc or global that evaluated each time you went to a new layout/record.

I have a friend with more experience in custom menus whom I'll ask about this...
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:34 am
I add a parameter into one or more scripts that checks for my account name and then sets the full menu. For example, I have a custom menu that goes to a list view and has the keyboard short cut ctrl-L. That script is set to look for my account name and when I hit ctrl-l it resets the menu to the full menu.

HTH
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:52 am
Hi,

Thanks to you both for the replies. I will look at the scripting option and if there are any plugins that are available then I would be glad to hear about those too.

Thanks as always.

David

Return to General Support