user time stamped and holding files

General Information about upcoming products, upgrades, etc.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:45 am
We want our Job Ticket (in FM 8.5) to User/Time Stamp when artwork files are received. Is there a way for FM 8.5 can either monitor a specific set of directories or a even one directory or does it have a way to hold any time of file that can be later retrieved?

In short we want to our solution to eliminate the shouting match of when files were placed into a folder/directory/? and by whom.

Any ideas? Plug-ins welcome.

Jimbo
JIMBO
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:49 am
I'm not aware of any third party stuff that would watch a directory and let you know what arrived there and when.

A couple thoughts...

You could control this on the upload side by having people use a common UI to place the files in the directory. If this UI was FileMaker based then each upload could become a record with its own time stamp.

I imagine you could also use something like Troi file to either read the modification date of a file, or periodically review the contents of a directory to, in a sense, "watch" it.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:00 am
What is a UI
JIMBO
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:09 am
Sorry about that.

"User Interface". In this case I mean "the thing they're using to upload files to your directory".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UI
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_interface
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:44 pm
"User cannot change password" Active DirectoryIm trying to restrict 4 users from changing their passwords. For each user in active directory, i check the user cannot change password option within the account properties. This option is sticking for about one day 24 hrs... then i go to double-check it and they are all unchecked again.... WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

Thanks
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:42 am
Hey Angelina, unfortunately Open Directory is not really my bag.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to FileMaker Products (General)