Can I pull out just the mobil phone number for the list

Support, Questions and Suggestions for the FM7 Version of CC Calendar.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:01 am
Hi,
I am trying to get "just" the mobil telephone number on the list. Currently I have some phone records with a class of Mobile and some others with a class of Phone and type of Mobile. I know it should be consistant and we are working on that. I have been playing aound and it seems I need to create a calculation field that does some "if" statements etc. Does this sound the way to go? If so, I have not created any of these type before so would appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks in advance
Paul
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:13 am
Hi, after reading my own post, I realised that I maybe was not as specific as I could have been. When I said "just" the mobile telephone number, what I meant was all the contact information (name etc) but when listing phone numbers, I only want the mobile number to show.
Hope that makes it clearer :)
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:42 am
Take a look at the way we get the "main" phone number in the field "ContactPhoneMainCalc" from the contacts table. We have a relationship (from Contact to ContactPhoneMain) that isolates the entry of the class "Phone" that is marked "main". You'll need a similar relationship to items of the class "Phone" and the type "Mobile".

As for having some records with a class "Mobile". I'd go to the PhoneFaxEmail layout, find those, and perform some Replace Field Contents routines there to get all the mobile records formatted the same way.

Then once you have a relationship that is just true for the main mobile number you can either make that a calc in its own right (like ContactPhoneMainCalc) or use it in other calcs.

Hope that helps.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:53 am
Thanks John, I am sure I can work it out from here. Your response is as always, fast and accurate! Much appreciated!
Paul

Return to CC Calendar (FM7/8)