Design help

General support questions.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:29 am
Hello there, I am fairly new to the filemaker world and quite enjoy the program. I too am not as saavy at database stuff, but rather spreadsheet stuff. I think it is time to switch to databases and filemaker I think is the way to go.

OK, my design question; what I have is a spreadsheet that looks after approximately 150 bowlers. Every year, each of us bowl in 3 manditory tournaments and one voluntary tournament. The bowlers are from 6 separate zones as we call them, but represent one province (Canadian eh!). Each year, we are allowed to drop one tournament from the 3; lowest one normally. So your season total is based only on two of the three...With me so far? What I need or would like to do is replicate this filemaker. The reason is that, I now have been asked to store every tournament they bowl and number of game in each for a lifetime average. I think i know the tables I need, but I am not sure. I think a need a self relating table for the tournments for the lifetime average.

Anyways, if you have any ideas or questions, please let me know. This is important to me and to our zones.

Mikajake

Return to General Support