scheduling tab

Support, Questions and Suggestions for the FM7 Version of CC Calendar.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:25 am
Hi, I am new here and like to know if it is possible to let the scheduling tab show a month instead of a day view

Thanks
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:11 am
Hi. While I never like so say something isn't possible, I'm not sure how one would show the time scale of the scheduling view on every day for a month. If you look at the calendar's fancy week view you'll see something similar to the scheduling view, but for a single week. Even there, however, we can't show the columns as resources, so you filter the calendar by resource if you wish to show a single resource for a week.

Of course you can filter the month view of the calendar by resource also.

Don't know if that helps or not but perhaps you can let me know more about what you had in mind.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:24 am
Well, my resources are places on a campsite. There is no use to show them per day. I would like to see them in a scheduele by week or month
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:35 am
Thanks. So if the campsite registrations are whole days then you don't need the scheduling tab at all, which is designed t show gaps (of hours) within a single day. I'd use the month view for scanning and the basic week view for details, perhaps replacing the user's initials with the resource (campsite) abbreviation, since this shows the most reservations per day. This has the advantage of handling multi-day reservations well.

Another approach if you have tons of resources that are scheduled in whole days is to use a cell-based grid like this:

http://www.seedcode.com/support/viewtop ... light=cell

This isn't something included in the calendar, but rather something we can do as a custom modification. Unless your reservations are frequently for stays of longer than several weeks, I'd think the basic week view is your best bet, however.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:01 am
Hi,

Thanks for your reaction. But what i like about the schedule is that every resource is shown, occopied or not. That in my point of view a great plus point. The week and month views only show the resourses that are reserved or booked.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:10 am
Indeed. I just don't see how a week or month view could show every possible resource for every day of the week month. Though I guess the horizontal chart mentioned above does accomplish that.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to CC Calendar (FM7/8)