Editing Templates

Support, Tips and Tricks for Proof Group's fmSpark "merge anything" utility for FileMaker Pro.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:26 am
I cannot find where I can edit the templates themselves. What I want to do is replace the header on a template with a jpg file that is on my server.

Guidance gratefully received.

Michael Rocharde
Michael Rocharde
360-896-2659
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:40 am
You edit templates the same place where you compose your mailings: once you select a template for a mailing you'll arrive at the "compose" screen where you can make changes to the template:

http://www.seedcode.com/screenshots/fms ... rk.htm#two

Those changes can apply to just one mailing or you can click "Save As Template..." at the top of the screen and either save your changes as a new template or replace the current template with your changes.

To use a different jpeg, click the "Images" region on the left side of the screen and paste in a new image.

Hope that helps,
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:44 pm
So one could create new templates by starting a mailing, selecting the blank template, editing it, saving, then going to Settings to edit the information about it.

Is there a more direct approach that would facilitate creating dozens of new templates in bulk?

Thanks!
Brian W. Smith
Winslow Tech
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:47 pm
Hi,

When I have a lot to enter I stay on the compose new mailing screen and write the template text, saving each as a new template. Then I head to settings once they are all done to change any properties I need to. I think that is about as fast as it gets.

Hope that helps.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to fmSpark