How to record responses to FMSpark emails?

Support, Tips and Tricks for Proof Group's fmSpark "merge anything" utility for FileMaker Pro.
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:28 pm
I love the "journaling" features of FMSpark. It would be great if the journal could include inbound email from contacts responding to a previous, FMspark-generated, outbound mail.

How can I bring email responses into FMSpark's Journal?
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:49 pm
I meant email responses back into any FMSpark-related Contacts Journal table.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:30 am
Hi Guido,

Thanks for your post. There isn't anything built in to fmSpark to receive emails, so you'd need to build this yourself. The MailIt plugin that is included with fmSpark does know how to read incoming mail, so you could use this to grab incoming mail-- ideally from a special address used for your mailings so you weren't trying to parse *all* your emails this way.

You could then crete new records in Journal, setting the Contact ID field in journal to the ID of the contact matching the inbound email's "from" address.

I hope that helps get you started. For more information about the syntax for reading mail with MailIt, download the MailIt demo here: http://www.dacons.net/fmplugins/mailit/

Best,
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:27 pm
...ideally from a special address used for your mailings so you weren't trying to parse *all* your emails this way.

You could then crete new records in Journal, setting the Contact ID field in journal to the ID of the contact[/i] matching the inbound email's "from" address.

Very helpful on both counts-thanks! 8)

Return to fmSpark