Journal Help

Support, Tips and Tricks for Proof Group's fmSpark "merge anything" utility for FileMaker Pro.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:13 pm
Hi John

In the integration section is says, that a seach for Journal will explain more about this feature, but in all the found section is nothing really talking about this?

Or maybe I am just blind?

Thanks for your ongoing support

Kind regards

Regine
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:30 pm
Yes. =(

We're still finishing the documentation on journaling and some of the other integration topics. I should have more up in the next few days, or email (john at seedcode.com) if you need something sooner.

Best,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:34 am
You can now find information on Journal entries in fmSpark here:

http://docs.proofgroup.com/fmSpark/en/1 ... Journaling
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:24 am
:) Hey,

I set up the Journal for SeedCode, but it doesn't seem to work. I did all the steps, and sent a few e-mails, but couldn't find it being recorded on the new journal table in SeedCode.

I may have misinterpreted what the steps said, and tried rereading them to make sure I didn't get anything wrong.

I was wondering if there was different way to save outgoing mail to put in the mailings part of SeedCode as a tab, instead of a table or layout.
It doesn't seem that many SeedCode tables correlate with FMSpark when it comes to mailing, so I can't connect them.

Thanks
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:18 am
Hi. You can use the Mailing Member table in SeedCode as your Journal table. As for getting it working, is the journal record getting created and not showing up, or is it not even being created?
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:37 am
The journal record isn't getting created.

So do I connect SeedCode's MailingID_kprime with FMSpark's GroupRecordID in the _MessageJournal_link table?

Addition:

I should add that I am accessing this database remotely, so I'm wondering if that is a problem.
I did the Journal setup steps on my computer, with my own copy of the database, and it worked.

I noticed the tab under each contacts for Mailing does the same thing, so if I get the journal working, would I be able to move it there?

Addition:

So I got to import some from the journal to the mailing tab under contacts, only on my own copy, not the actual one, but the format needs to be played with.

Addition: so it seems it might be getting created, but not showing up, maybe b/c of limited permissions to FMSParkData database.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:29 am
I'm just having a little trouble following what might be going on here. Would we be able to schedule a screen sharing session so I can see this working (or failing to work) with your remote file? Email me at john at seedcode.com to set something up.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:13 am
So I set up the tables from FMSpark, _Merge Message E-mail, _Merge Message, _MessageJournal_link, _Merge Batch, and User in Seedcode.
I have those tables connected to the Journal Table in Seedcode.

Now when I look at the tables, if I have access, I see that the information is being stored, but not showing up in the journal.
I usually don't have access to FMSparkData, so the tables usually say there are <field missing>.

So to correct my previous comment the journal record isn't being made, but the information is still being recorded somewhere.

I hope what I am saying is clear enough.
IT_User
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:20 am
Thanks for that, but I don't think I can correct the problem without seeing your files. Email me if you want to do a screen share.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to fmSpark