Weight Change Calc

General support questions.
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:17 pm
My company runs assisted living centers for the elderly and part of our health tracking system is monitoring weight changes for each resident. We have fields to enter in all their vital signs each month, one of them being weight. Our current calc is Min(vital:weight)/Max(vital:weight)-1, which gives a weight range, but always spits out a negative number, even if the resident has gained a large amount of weight! What I'd like to figure out how to do is write a calc that gives a percent weight change (positive or negative) over a period, say 3 months. Anyone have any ideas?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:09 am
Hi. Well the way you have it coded (using Min) you can't tell if they have gained or lost weight. And since you've mentioned a "range" of time, I'd suggest the following:

- Add some date criteria to the relationship Vital:: (or to a new relationship just for this purpose) so you're showing a resident's weight records for a specific range of time.

- Then your calc would look like Last(vital:weight) / First(vital:weight). Gains in weight would be numbers over 100%.

Hope that helps.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:05 pm
That's great, John. Thank you so much!

Return to General Support