Events without TimeStart and TimeEnd stamp.

General support questions.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:39 am
Hi John!
We are very happy with zulu! We had integrated zulu in our solution.
Now a question still stands. We create at the beginning of a day events without TimeStart and TimeEnd value. Only the date is set autom. in. In iCal there shows these events like an "day event" - thats fine and ok, but it shows it one day to early (date today, iCal shows it yesterday)!
Can you say why?
If i set the time in fm - it adjust it well in iCal.

Be a treasure ... :wink:

Johann
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:55 am
Hi Johann,

I've heard about this once before and in that case it was the timezone on the server. Our customer needed to change the timezone, stop FileMaker Server, and then restart the server machine.

Hope that helps,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:18 am
Hi John!

In FM Server there is no timezone to change, is´t it? You mean the the server software (ie. OSX Server). That is fine, Client FM was fine, iCal "support timezones" is on.

i did you say. server stoping, machine restarting. but its the same.

Hm, another idea?

Johann
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:05 pm
Oh, was posting a thread in the other sub-forum about this. I have exactly the same issue.

The time zone is correct for my area in both server and client machines so I can't really change that without screw up other things on the computer.

Is there any solution to this problem?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:10 am
Hi heron!

Sorry, no - i had no new informations. I have an other major problem. PHP on Filemaker Server is not runing any more. And at the moment i am a little irritated. But (maybe) is not a problem of zulu.
:oops: - johann
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:35 pm
Hello,

(sorry to hear about PHP crapping out on you Johann!)

It looks like we have a fix for this one-day-early bug: I'm sorry it has taken so long. It turns out there was an error in one of the libraries we were using and we believe this is to blame. We've repaired this in a new build of the plugin available for download here:

http://www.seedcode.com/downloads

Please install this version (instructions here) and let me know if this fixes this timezone issue for you.

Best,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:24 am
Hi John!
Now my Apache is runing again. Module spotlight was damaged. Filemaker Server ist runing well. Your Update ist installed - now Servlet Version. Url corrected. Check http://localthost/zulu is OK.
But.
I´m sorry to saying that - Alert "No database connection or PHP on".
XML is activated.
Can you help me again?
best wishes - Johann
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:31 am
Hi Johann,

Zulu doesn't use PHP, for what it's worth, but I'm glad your server seems to have recovered. We've been talking about this by email, so let's keep that up. I'll send you a note so we can schedule something.

Best,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to General Support