Integrating fmSpark into a FM Server hosted solution

Support, Tips and Tricks for Proof Group's fmSpark "merge anything" utility for FileMaker Pro.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:54 am
Hi,

I am integrating fmSpark into a solution that will be hosted on FileMaker Server 11, on a Mac running OSX Server 10.5.8. Since five people will be accessing this solution we bought a workgroup license for fmSpark.

Everything seems to be working on my computer, but I was wondering is there anything else I need to do to make sure it works for everyone when I go to the office and upload my solution to their server? All five of the clients have a copy of FMP 11 and are using Open Remote to open the database. They do not run their own email servers, they just use the ones proved by their ISP, and Google.

Thanks in advance!

--JH
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:56 am
You don't need to do anything different when you move this to FMserver. Just make sure ALL the necessary files are servers: the fmspark files adnd any files that talk to them.

As for mail servers you can set up one for each users' account in fmspark, or give everyone the same settings for your companies mail server.

Enjoy!
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:22 pm
Things seem to be working well except that it says that the mail-it plug-in is missing. Do I need to install it on the five user computers, or on the server?

Thanks!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:21 am
On the users' computers.

Best,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:15 am
Thanks, everything seems to be working fine.

Return to fmSpark