Taxable Items

General support questions.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:47 pm
Is there a way to make certain items always come up checked as taxable and others not?

Also, where do the calculations on the invoice happen? I want to add a calculation that minuses my tax rate for each taxable item.

I would like to take my set of prices that are tax inclusive, show the subtotals without taxes, add
the taxes, and have a round number at the end. If that makes sense.

Thanks.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:24 am
Are you asking about SeedCode Complete, or your own solution? Complete has a tax rate for the order, not per item, though that is easy enough to change. In any system the idea is that you sum the prices of the items at the invoice level, the sum the item's tax amount the same way: in this manner you can show the subtotal without tax, and the tax, before adding them together.

Hope that helps,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:34 am
Well I want to modify Seedcode but I don't know where the calculations happen?

Basically, all our prices are tax inclusive, and they are all rounded off to a dollar, but I have to show how much people are paying in taxes.

I have a spreadsheet that is doing what I want, but I need to know where in seedcode to add the formulas.

Thanks.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:13 pm
Gotcha.

We have a description of how tax works here: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... plete2.Tax

In light of that I'd adjust the field InvoiceLines::PriceLineTotalTaxableAmountCalc to extract the tax amount out of the line item's tax inclusive price.

Then adjust the script "Calculate Invoice Total" so that the sum total of items is the total item price *minus* the sum of the taxable amounts.

Hope that helps,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:17 pm
Great I got it working perfectly!

Return to General Support