Clear a Portal

General support questions.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:55 am
I have a window that shows attendees at a specific event. The problem is that the end users tend to duplicate the events to make it easier to fill the calendar, but they do so AFTER they add the list of attendees, so I have attendees listed on future activities. Is there a way to script a button to clear not just a portal ROW, but the entire portal on these events? Please help! :shock:
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:55 am
Hi Kyra,

How do you have the attendees tied to the event? Is it through a relationship, a repeating field, or some other way?

-Jason
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:20 pm
Hi Jason,

I'm using the seedcode calendar (not the newest one, however) and the portal is on the mini window - activities layout, and it's pointed at the CalDailyApptContactsTo table. Does that mean anything to you?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:18 pm
Ah, the old calendar!

The old calendar was set up to have a one to one relationship between events and contacts. It sounds like you have it customized so one event can have multiple contacts.

Make sure you backup your file before making any changes, just in case you get into trouble!

Try making sure the field ApptContactID_kf is cleared in the duplicate, and doesn't copy the value from the original. In the script "Edit Appointment - Dupe" add a script step after the "Duplicate Record" step that clears it:

SetField[CalDailyAppointments::ApptContactID_kf; ""]

Let me know if that works.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:27 am
I have purchased the new calendar, but haven't integrated it yet... is what I'm trying to do going to be easier with the new calendar?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:53 am
Hi Kyra,

The current calendar still starts with their only having one contact per event. It sounds like you've customized yours to allow for multiple contacts per event, so you would need to make that modification in the new calendar as well, and will have the same issues...so basically, no, the new calendar won't make this any easier.

Am I right about the customization, or am I missing something?

Return to General Support