Minical with weeknumber on the side

General Information about upcoming products, upgrades, etc.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:36 am
My client uses the drop-down calendar built in with Filemaker as "date picker" but really needs the weeknumbers to show up for example on the left side of the calendar. As far as I understand this is not possible with the built in calendar. I´ve searched alot within Seedcodes products but ain't sure what will do.

Seems like NinjaCal would work but I guess it needs a tweak ?

Something like this viewtopic.php?t=726

Point me in the right direction.

I need, date picker with weeknumbers presented alongside dates on a monthly view.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:00 pm
Hi,

Right NinjaCal would be the closest thing we have for this. The squares in Ninja cal themselves are dates even though they just are set to display the date number itself, so you could add some calculation fields to read those dates and wrap them with the "WeekOfYear" function to get the week number. The Sunday repetitions are: 1; 8 ; 15 ; 22 ; 29 and 36 so using those for your week calcs should work fine. See the attached image as well.

hth,
Jason

NinjaWeeks.png
NinjaWeeks.png (96.96 KiB) Viewed 16859 times
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:20 am
I've previously bought your product and I'm wondering if you are able to explain to me more in detail how to add the weeknumber just as described here in this thread. I'm using FMP 12 (not advanced) and would like to use NinjaCal as "date picker".

EDIT: I've tried following this viewtopic.php?t=726 tutorial and now (I guess) I just need to figure out how the code in the calculated field should look like...I probably would like to use WeekOfYearFiscal instead of WeekOfYear

EDIT2: I managed to get it working with this code
Code: Select all
WeekOfYearFiscal ( GetRepetition ( NinjaCal_basic ; 7 ) ; 2 )
I'm now repeating this code in 6 different fields and adding another "7" in the "GetRepetition" function for each new weekfield. Is this ok or should I / is it possible to use one field and some sort of loop ?!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:29 pm
Hi,

Right, looks like your making good progress. WeekOfYear and WeekOfYearFiscal are pretty similar. the second parameter is really determined by what day January 1st is.

I don't see any disadvantage to using 7 separate calculation fields that correspond to the calcs I showed above in the date viewer.

You could also do a repeating calc field with something like:

WeekOfYearFiscal ( NinjaCal::NinjaCal_basic [ 1 + ( Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber ) - 1 ) * 7 ] ; 1 ) 8)

but might be more trouble than it's worth compared to the individual fields.

hth,
Jason

Return to FileMaker Products (General)