Weird problem needs 'Reset' to fix it...

Help, Tips, and Tricks for deploying GoZync: our "sync" engine for FileMaker Go.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:49 am
Hi all,
I have a weird problem where a calculated field disappears after a sync. However, when I perform a 'Reset' and sync again, the data in the field reappears.

The calculated field is set to Text and the 'Do not store calculation results' checkbox is ticked:

Site::_cSiteAddressAndPhone =
If (not IsEmpty ( Site.physical.Address::Address1 ) ; "" & Site.physical.Address::Address1 & ", "; "" ) &
If (not IsEmpty ( Site.physical.Address::Address2 ) ; Site.physical.Address::Address2 & ", "; "" ) &
If (not IsEmpty ( Site.physical.Address::Address3 ) ; Site.physical.Address::Address3 & ", "; "" ) &
If (not IsEmpty ( Site.physical.Address::Town ) ; Site.physical.Address::Town & ", "; "") &
If (not IsEmpty ( Site.physical.Address::County ) ; Site.physical.Address::County & ", "; "") &
If (not IsEmpty ( Site.physical.Address::Postcode ) ; Site.physical.Address::Postcode & ""; "") &
If (not IsEmpty ( Site.physical.Address::Phone ) ; " - " & Site.physical.Address::Phone & ""; "" )

So to summarise. I perform a 'Reset' and sync the data down to the device and everything looks great. However, when I sync again, the data in the _cSiteAddressAndPhone disappears for most of the records and I can't work out why.

Any suggestions where to start looking first?

Thanks
Brian.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:57 am
I'd guess that the "Site.physical.Address" records are being deleted. But I can'r really tell without seeing the file.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:22 pm
Hi John,
Will you need all four files?

Thanks
Brian.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:54 pm
Yes.
John Sindelar