trial by fire

General support questions.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:59 pm
Hello All,

I am an intern that has been charged with the task of integrating an existing set of relational FM databases with a calendar solution. This would include making the existing db set talking to the calendar so that they could exchange the same information.

In other words, I need to have the calendar recognize existing entries on a existing set of relational databases, so that it reads it's input from the current dbs.

Is this do-able?

Or should I customize the CC calendar to include all the specialized tables that the project requires.

I'm really not sure which way to go.

Thanks for any help or guidance
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:42 am
matzofast wrote:I am an intern that has been charged with the task of integrating an existing set of relational FM databases with a calendar solution. This would include making the existing db set talking to the calendar so that they could exchange the same information.

In other words, I need to have the calendar recognize existing entries on a existing set of relational databases, so that it reads it's input from the current dbs.

Is this do-able?

Yes. CC Calendar comes with instructions for "swapping out" the appointments file so that the calendar will display records from another table you may already have.

Additionally, with the Full or Pro versions, you can choose one of 3 databases to swap out so that you can show records from up to three databases you already have, or show from one you have and use the calendar's built-in appointments file beside it.

Or should I customize the CC calendar to include all the specialized tables that the project requires.

It really depends on how far along your existing tables are. If they're just getting started, you could use the calendar's appointments table as a starting point and build out from that.

Hope that helps.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to General Support