Need Help with sending of Email over IWP

General support questions.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:32 am
Hi, I need some help with the following issues on IWP of FM Pro 7. Hope somebody will be able to help me out.

I have on my FM Pro 7 a registered version of SMTPit plugin which I intend to use for sending email. I have tried triggering the send email script of SMTPit on the FM application itself and it works. However, when I accessed the layout from the IWP and tried performing the same function, no email was sent out. The output of the script just show '?' instead of the usual 'Email Sent Succesfully'. I suspect that functions of plugin are not supported over IWP. Is that true?

Is there any other way of sending out email via the IWP? Any other plugin which allows this? Or any other way of working this round?

Is there any way I can trigger a script to run on the server end from the client's browser?

If there is really no way that i can work this round, i guess the only way which i can think of is to store the contents of the email in a table and schedule the server to send out the emails at intervals. If thats the case, how to i go about doing it?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:49 am
Is there any way I can trigger a script to run on the server end from the client's browser?

While you can't call the "server" per se, you can have the email run from another client by using the Troi Activator plugin to call a script on that machine by IP address. Unfortunately, I don't know if this will work from an IWP solution.

If there is really no way that i can work this round, i guess the only way which i can think of is to store the contents of the email in a table and schedule the server to send out the emails at intervals. If thats the case, how to i go about doing it?

Now you're talking. This is actually a great way to go as only one "agent" machine has to be set up with the email plugin and debugged. Waves in Motion will let you do this with their Events plugin. We've been doing this for years; works great. The plugin documentation should get you started.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to General Support