GetSummary Stats Archive

General support questions.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:31 pm
I am in need of some guidance. I have a list of requests (more or less orders) they contain the person requesting it (Requestor), Item and amount. I can get the total ordered for each requester using a subsummary report. I want to take those figures on a weekly basis and store them in a stats table(new record for each week).

I am not sure how to get the data out using either a script or a calculation.

Any guidance or suggestions would be help full.

-Brian Davis :wink:
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:26 pm
You have a couple options here.

FileMaker can export summarized values, so that you could build a found set of items requested and then sort this by requestor. Then export the summary field already in use on your subsummary report, using the "Group by" option to summarize the records. (Records can only be summarized according to their current sort order.) You could the import these week-summary records into another file.

Alternately, of you could create a table containing one record for each requestor each week. (52 records per requestor, per year). Enter week numbers in this table to stand in for weeks (1, 2, 3, etc,) You can then build a relationship to your list of requests to calculate up (or lookup) the amount requested each week. The relationship would be based on the requestor (preferably the requestor's ID) and the WeekOfYear for the date ordered. This WeekofYear will match the 1, 2, 3, etc., in your requestor-week table.

Hope that helps get you started.

Best,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to General Support