WeekView

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:08 am
I'm trying to make the weekview to display all days of week insted of the function show wekeend. I copy friday column and paste it twice to make saturdau and sunday. I changed three fields to 6 and 7. The problem is that the nice round box dosen´t work.

1. I don´t get the round box around appointed items in saturday and sunday column.
2. A non coloured round box apears on saturday and sunday columns from appointed items from column friday (the one I copyed)

So how do I add the weekdays to this layout in order to works as the other days.

Pierre
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:17 am
I figured, now its working.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:58 am
Glad to hear that! We added the extra two table occurrences so this would be as easy as possible. Glad to know you're taking advantage of it.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:48 am
I still have som trouble with it. It wont work with selected day colour.
None of the colours (green for selcted day and yellow for today) is visible on saturday and sunday. It seems to be the same field for everyday so I can´t figure how to solve It.

I also have one other thing that I can´t manage to fix.
When clicking on a "free" time in the weekview it will bring up a miniview with the text "There appear to be no app...." I´ve managed to translated it to swedish text in the script but I can´t manage to have the time and date in to our standard (24H & YYYY-MM-DD). I know that the globe 1 and 2 is holding this info but they are text type. Any ideas?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:05 am
Good questions...

Selected Day Color: Sounds like you have the day name working (it is saying "Saturday", for example). If so, you want to nudge that field up a few px to get at the field below it which shows the color and the day highlighting. This field, HourWeekDayBackgroundDisplayCalc is a repeating field so you want your next two columns to use reps 6 and 7.

Date Message: So you're right to suspect that it is because these are text fields. When FileMaker converts a date to text it does so based on the language set in which the file was created (US English) rather than the language set currently in use. So those dates will and times will always be in that US English format. (Note that all the other calendar dates and times respect your system formats- we worked very hard on that.)

So, you'll want to edit the message calc further and take those date-texts apart to manually reformat them into YYYY-MM-DD and 24 hour time. You could also clone the file-- which would reset the internal date and time format to those of the system on which the clone was first reopened, but if you do, be sure to import all the graphics, hour, resource, user, tab, filter, and calendar records back in from the uncloned copy. (That can be some work, so reformatting the message text may be simpler).

Hope that helps,
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:04 am
Thanks alot!
Now the colouring function works fine.

The other part regarding the format of date and time I don´t understand. Probably my lack of technical skills and understanding english.

If you have the time I would preciate if you could guide me were to start editing.

Pierre
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:57 am
No problem. (Glad you got the display working!)

You'll be editing the script "Edit Appointment { Column , Type }". Scroll through that script until you see the comment "Get the context in case we have to create a new record." Below that are 3 SetField() statements: you'll be editing the third one, the one that sets GlobText3.

Select that line and click "Specify" next to calculated result. You'll want to change two sections of this calc.

First, find the following line...

Code: Select all
"on " & DayName ( GetAsDate ( TheResourceOrWeek ) ) & ", " & TheResourceOrWeek  &  " at "  ; // Week

...replacing it with this:

"on " & DayName ( GetAsDate ( TheResourceOrWeek ) ) & ", " & Year ( TheResourceOrWeek ) & "-" & Month ( TheResourceOrWeek ) & "-" & Day ( TheResourceOrWeek )  &  " at "  ; // Week

Second, find this line a little further down...

If ( Hour ( TheTime ) - 12 > 0 ; Hour ( TheTime ) - 12 ; Hour ( TheTime ) ) & ":" & Right ( "00" & Minute ( TheTime) ; 2 ) & If ( Hour ( TheTime ) - 12 ≥0; "pm"; "am" ) &

...and replace that with this:

Left ( TheTime ; Length ( TheTime ) - 3 ) &

That takes care of the fancy week view and the vertical scheduling view. To edit the display for the horizontal scheduling view, close that calculation and continue down the script until you find the comment "Scheduling Horizontal". Below that is another instance of "Get the context in case we have to create a new record" and three set fields. Again we'll be editing the third one. Edit this one as follows.

Find this...

"for " & Filters::GlobText4 &  " on "  & TheResourceOrWeek &

...and replace it with this:

"for " & Filters::GlobText4 &  " on " & DayName ( GetAsDate ( TheResourceOrWeek ) ) & ", " & Year ( TheResourceOrWeek ) & "-" & Month ( TheResourceOrWeek ) & "-" & Day ( TheResourceOrWeek )  &

Then continue, finding this...

If ( Hour ( TheTime ) - 12 > 0 ; Hour ( TheTime ) - 12 ; Hour ( TheTime ) ) & ":" & Right ( "00" & Minute ( TheTime) ; 2 ) & If ( Hour ( TheTime ) - 12 ≥0; "pm"; "am" )

...and replace it with this:

Left ( TheTime ; Length ( TheTime ) - 3 )

That's it!
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:42 am
Oh man, I am very impressed!
I have never been in contact with a company with this level of support.
The cost of the calender is worth every penny.

Thanks.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:11 pm
Is it possible to make the dayname to swedish text as well?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:45 pm
Sure. The calc we were editing above controls the message content, so you can change that to Swedish by editing the calc further.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Calendar