language settings for IWP module

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:29 am
I use my copy of CCCalandar on a machine that uses Swiss French dates and times formats. So most of the dates and times in CCCalendar appear in French on my machine. However all the dates and times on the IWP module are in English when viewed on a web browser. As my users are French speakers I would like to change that but haven't yet worked out where all the date and time fields are referenced. Can anyone give me some pointers to resolve this?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:25 am
This is a tricky one... I believe the format and language in IWP comes from the OS settings on the FileMaker Pro Server, but it has been a while since I had to change these. Does your server machine use French Swiss dates?
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:08 am
Yes FileMaker Pro Server is on the machine where the OS settings are Swiss French formats, so when I access IWP locally its in French but when I access on the web its in English. That’s why I'm at a bit of a loss. I've noticed in the FileMaker Pro Server help there is an item on using terminal to change the log language. But I don't know if that has any relevance.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:56 am
I think this may be in the web server settings for the Server; can you tell me what kind of machine your server is?
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:42 am
I am not sure I understand your question. If you mean the "FileMaker Server Advanced Web Publishing Administration Console" that you access through http://127.0.0.1/fmi/config on server machine, the language choice here only affects the IWP database homepage. I have also tried changing the International language selector in the system preferences and have found that neither the application language chosen nor the finder language chosen has any affect on the language of the dates when in the IWP Module when accessed over the net. This seems to help narrow down what doesn't work but not what does.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:05 am
(I was asking about the kind of server- Mac or PC, etc. Sounds like its a Mac.)

I've asked Dan Weiss (http://www.filemaker7hosting.com) about this-- he and I worked though this a few years ago-- and he remembers it being the Operating System on the Server that set the IWP characteristics. I'm wondering if it is the OS language when FMSA is installed but don't know for sure. I've asked a few other folks and will let you know what I find.

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Calendar