Instant Web Access Help

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:32 am
I'm using the free version of SeedCode Contact Management. My problem comes when I try to host the file over the net. I cannot do certain functions in the browser like change tabs, add "activity items" and such. Also, the interface looks odd, some of the pieces do not line up.

Is this how it's suppose to be? Or am I missing something here? Am I suppose to write scripts for these functions myself?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:47 am
Hi there.

Unfortunately the free SeedCode files aren't set up for Instant Web Publishing (IWP). What you're seeing is that while some simple layouts look good in both FileMaker client and IWP, most interesting layouts don't: these require separate layouts for FileMaker client and separate, IWP optimized layouts.

We offer such layouts for the Pro versions of our calendars in the form of an Instant Web Publishing module; a separate interface file that uses the same data as the Pro calendar but has layouts and scripts (and even a slightly different relationship graph) optimized for IWP.

You can see a live (but read only) example of this IWP module running here: Live IWP Demo. And you can learn more about our IWP module here: IWP Module Info & Screenshots.

I hope that helps.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Calendar