Alternate version for printing letters

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:39 pm
Hi John,
I've pretty much got everything working now!
I'm trying to use the Alternate Version for Printing Letters, but after I modified the script per the documentation to the alternate version, I get a missing script parameter notice that says I'm missing parameters for operation, output, and found.
What did I screw up?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:54 am
Hi. The layout "Select Letter" includes these parameters in the layout's "Continue" button. Depending on how you get to this layout you may need to change the way these parameters are sent. They are currently set to be local variables so if you're in a paused script and have already set the variables $found and $output you should be all set. If you haven't set them yet, you can hard code them into the continue button get the information in there another way. The script wants to receive something like:

"Operation = Continue ; Found = Many ; Output = PDF"
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:09 pm
Unfortunately I can't get to the "Select Letter" layout when I attempt the alternate version. In fact, the only way I can get to it is to go into layout mode and scroll down. When I click on the "print letter" button I keep getting the script parameter error. I've tried everything I can think of.
Please help!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:45 am
Greetings,

It sounds like you are close, if you have FileMaker Advanced, you can try running the scrip with script debugger on and seeing where the process is failing. You can also open the data viewer and make sure the parameters are getting passed or the variables are properly set.

I am not sure what is actually causing your error, perhaps if you can send us the file to [email protected] we can take a look at it and see if we can see what is amiss.
Court Bowman, President
Cleveland Consulting, Inc.

http://www.clevelandconsulting.com/
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:02 am
Thanks, Court
I'll send the file over, thanks!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:14 am
Did you receive the file I sent over?
Thanks,
Jeff
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:39 pm
Jeff,

I did not receive it, please resend it if you would.
Last edited by Court Bowman on Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Court Bowman, President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:05 pm
Hi Court,
I just resent the file. Subject is "Alternate Version for Printing Letters"
It's a zip file about 5 megs.....let me know if you get it!
Thanks,
Jeff
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:05 am
Jeff,

This one came through, I will try to take a look at it today and see what I can discover.
Court Bowman, President

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:16 pm
Court, did you find out what the problem is with the Print Contact Letter - Alternate Version script?

I'm having the same problems with the script. I have FMP Advanced and in script debugger I can see that no Operation parameter is getting passed to the script. This is why I keep getting the missing parameter error.

What should the Operation parameter be set to? Continue?

Thanks,

Tom
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:31 pm
Hey there.

The script is supposed to be called from the "Select Letter" layout which has the correct parameters. Normally you'd bring that up in a new window and then call the script.

However, I've since rewritten the whole thing as a new script which might be easier. You can find it here.

Call this with the parameter "Operation = Begin" to get started. Then edit the buttons on the "Select Letter" layout so Continue calls this same script with the parameter "Operation = Continue" and Cancel calls it as "Operation = Cancel". Both buttons should be set to exit the current script.

Of course if you're using SeedCode Complete, we have a new version with this in it and I can send you that file. Just email me directly (john at seedcode.com)

Hope that helps.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Calendar