Wrong data pulled from calendar appointment

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:38 am
I am integrating the free calendar into a suite of simple databases for use in a small company. These include a simple contacts (starting from the FM template), and a Work Orders db among a couple others. I've created a Customer field in each and they are related through that field. I've created a script that creates a new work order from a seedcode calendar mini appointment window that simply copies over the customer, item, and description field info to a new work order. This works fine UNLESS there are previous appointments for a customer - then item and description data are copied not from the currently viewed record but from some previous record/appointment. Any suggestions on where to start on this problem?

Thanks
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:22 pm
Jeff,

It sounds like you may be seeding (no pun intended) the data from a indirect table occurrence. What I mean is that if you select a table occurrence that is not related meaningfully to your destination, you will get an inconsistent record.

For example if you ask for a field from a table that is joined by a relationship that links more than one record, you will get the field from the first record seen via that relationship.

Perhaps you can start there, and see if that helps, if not maybe you can post screen shots of the section of the graph, or the table occurrence names, and the body of the script and we can help you debug the problem.

Hope that helps.
Court Bowman, President
Cleveland Consulting, Inc.

http://www.clevelandconsulting.com/

Return to SeedCode Calendar