Gantt Chart filter ?

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:52 am
Hi,

In our Gantt Chart, our projects contact id is not 'inherited' onto the Gantt appointment automatically, therefore the contact filter is not working on the chart.

I can manually go into each appointment (I have Gantt Chart set up to show multiple projects) and allocate the project contact and then it works, but how can i set it up so that each time the project overview gantt appointment is created the contact auto fills in with the projects contact?

i looked into the script: "New Appointment from External { Date, Time , ContactID , ProjectID, Class }"

and the top line says:

You *may* pass a Date, Time, Contact, Project, or Class to this script in the following format:

"Date = SomeDate ; ContactID = SomeContactID ; ProjectID = SomeProjectID"

Is that something I should be adding to the script somewhere?

Thanks!

*k
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:20 am
Good question!

We went back and forth about this when designing the solution. As you've noticed, project milestones (activity) do not inherit the contact associated with the project. We did this to make it explicit that milestones within a project could be assigned to different contacts- even to different companies.

But I can certainly understand why you may want project activity to inherit the contact from the project.

Rather than tackle this in the script as you've suggested, I might suggest you do this in the field definitions themselves. In this way the inheritance will work no matter how you create your activities.

In the Appointments table, edit the definition for the field "ApptContactID_kf". Change the auto enter options so that this is now a looked-up value. Starting with the table "CalDailyAppointments", lookup from the related table "CalDailyAptProject" the field "::ProjectContactID_kf".

That's it.

For existing appointments just re-select the project and the contact will drop in automatically from this lookup. (Or us the Relookup Field Contents... command on the ApptProjectID_kf field after adding it to the appointment list view).
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:33 am
thanks!

i was getting there... tried a variation of w/calculated value but didn't work.

working great now.

*k

Return to SeedCode Calendar