Create a new Layout

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:56 am
I am a newbie and need some help. I bought the SeedCode Complete Pro and think it is a great product.

I would like to create a new layout called Items (or add to the old one) .
I would like to have it look like the Projects layout with the Main navigation tabs & the back & forward buttons working (everything from the green line up). I tried to duplicate the Project layout and rename it but the navigation
tabs get all messed up.
If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance
Con
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:26 am
You need a table occurrence of Items with a universal relationship to a table occurrence of Filters. Once you have that in place in the relationship diagram, you can repoint the nav repeating fields to the right table occurrence.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:56 am
Thanks bigsox, but I need to have the answer in more of "Newbie" language.

Maybe a step by step answer.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:40 pm
Duplicate the Projects layout and delete everything that does not apply. Change the layout setup and point it to the AboutItems table occurrence (that means that in Layout --> Layout Setup you should select "Show records from: AboutItems").

Back to the layout.

You have four repeating fields that make up the navigation "tabs". Two are container fields and are called z_TabImageCalc. Double-click on each one (in other words, double-click in turn on each of the rows of tabs) and you will get the Field/Control Setup dialog. Where it says "Display Data From", select "About". z_TabImageCalc will probably be selected there automatically; if not, go ahead and select it. Click OK.

With this you have updated the container fields. Now for the tricker bit.

Click on the container fields, then use the arrow keys to nudge it down a fixed number of pixels (I click on the down arrow 8 times every time I do this, just because the rhythm sticks in my mind and I'm less likely to forget how many). You are moving the field out of the way so you can get at the field below it. Click just above the field and you should get the Field/Control Setup dialog for the field called z_TabNamesCalc. Select "About" like you did before, click OK, and then click on the container field you moved out of the way and nudge it back up to where it was before, using the arrow keys.

Do the same with the lower row of tabs.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:22 am
THANK YOU, THANK YOU bigsox for taking the time. It worked great.

Just have two questions:

1) Now I have 2 "Items" Layouts (the original & the new). In the original layout it says "Used in Scripts: Do not Remove Layout". Do I delete the original layout or what do I do?

2) I then went to the Admin tab --> Tabs & Nav. (sub tab) and added a lop level "Items" tab: it didn't show up as a top level tab on any of the layouts. Any Suggestions??????

Thanks Again

Con
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:59 am
Call your new layout - the one the user is actually going to interact with - something different, like "Item Entry".

As far as I can tell, FM lets you name two layouts exactly the same but then has trouble coping with the names in scripts.

And yes, it's best if you don't delete (edit: OR RENAME) any of the utility layouts that came with the project.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:11 am
Many thanks bigsox.

I just wanted to let you know that I deleted the old "Items" layout and kept the new layout "Items". So far everything seems to be working.

As for the item tab, when I deleted the old item layout & kept the new, the top level item tab works just fine.

Return to SeedCode Calendar