Portal Question

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:53 am
I just purcased SCCC and am really pleased with it. Oh how I wish I were an avid filemaker developer. But I am not. I do know what I need however. Maybe some of you brilliant minds out there can point me in the right direction.

I need to create an invoice item. This is a very special item however. It is special because it is actually made up of numerous items. Think of it like:

1- Big Mac. cost 3.00 (This is the special line item on the invoice)

However, it is made up of:

2- all beef Patties .10
1-Special Sauce .05
1-Lettuce .02
1-Cheese .05
2-Pickles .05
1-Onion .03
1-Sesame Seed Bun .04
labor to build .75
Overhead 1.25

Total Price 3.00

I need to create a portal or something where I can create these special items. I need to bring in the individual items and build the cost for the big mac. Then I need to print a menu for all the big macs. The menu will not list the parts. However, I will need to reference them in reporting.

PS I am in the plumbing business and need to do this with flat rates for tasks., Like installing a water heater for example.

`

`
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:58 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-svlRdTZ9M
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:40 am
Cute. =)

We have a simple invoicing system built into SeedCode Complete where an invoice is build from a series of line items. To get to your Big Mac we'd build an interface where you could assemble line items into "kits" or BOMs where the "kit" would be the Big Mac, and the line items would be the parts. We'd then make an interface where you could add either kits or parts to an invoice.

On the printing side we could print the individual parts or collapse hem into their kits. But at the end of the day your sales would really be made from parts, so you could report against them, etc.

This is something we'd be happy to do as a custom mod for Complete. Feel free to email me (john at seedcode.com) so we can discuss it in more detail.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Calendar