making appointment visible

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:14 am
Hi, John,

I've added a "reservation" table for the dog kennel database I'm working on. Once the reservation is made, with all its particulars, I want it to automatically create a calendar item with the same data. I've managed to be successful with everything but making the event visible on the calendar.

On the horizontal view that they want to use, when you manually make a new entry, that icon of the calendar is automatically enabled. I've found a couple of calculations that it ties into, but I don't know what to tell it to automatically make it visible.

When I manually edit the item, as soon as I click that icon, everything works perfectly.

Thanks,

All the best,

Buff
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:19 am
Hey Buff,

If I'm following you correctly, you want to set the field ApptClass_k in the appointments table to contain "calendar". You'll likely want to set that with a script, but you can also change the field's auto-enter options so that is always added. If "calendar" is not there we treat the item as a note and just show it in the contact's activity portal but not on the calendar.

Hope that helps,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:35 am
Wow! That was an instant reply!

Thanks so much, John. I was on the right track, and had found that field, but didn't think of replacing the calculation with text.

Again, thanks!

All the best,

Buff

Return to SeedCode Calendar