iPhone layouts

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:08 pm
how do i enable the iphone layout on our iwp interface?
my iphone just gets the standard browser interface.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:36 am
Hi,

Use the Account Name "Admin iPhone" from your phone (leaving the password blank). We use the account name to detect which layouts to show you.

Hope that helps,
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:53 am
i am not an Admin user though.
either way, it just gave me a wrong username password error...
what about for my usual login?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:06 am
Well your admin user is going to create accounts for you in both the IWP file and the regular calendar from within FileMaker Pro. If you log in with an account that ends with the word "iPhone" then you'll be using the iPhone layouts in IWP. Otherwise you'll be on the regular web browser layouts.

The account "Admin iPhone" (without the quotes) ships with the IWP module (and with SeedCode Complete) so that one should let you in unless you admin has changed id.

Hope that helps,
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:10 am
...so if my name was "Ben" i would log in as "Ben iPhone" and use the usual password?
if so, this isn't working for me.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:34 am
=) You should ask the person who created your accounts and find out if they created an account for you that ends in "iPhone". They may not have. For example, if you want to use the iPhone layout sometimes and the regular web browser layout other times, you'd need two accounts: one that ends in "iPhone" and one that doesn't. Your administrator will need to set these up for you.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:38 am
Ahh, so it's the admin that can allow iPhone access... thank you.
just out of curiosity did I miss that somewhere in the docs? I couldn't find any info about it, just that you could access it from an iphone...
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:49 am
The account info is on the read-me PDF (the one that is white text on black) but I can see how one could miss it. You can also find this in the online docs if you no longer have the PDF.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:53 am
i tried searching the online docs for iphone but didn't come across it.
I'll have to look harder next time.
many thanks for your time
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:58 am
ok, added iPhone to the username, logs in ok, but there is no data...
We just duplicated our accounts and added iphone to the end of the username. even the sample data isn't available.... still missing a piece to this puzzle...
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:50 am
You'll need to add the same accounts to the regular calendar file as well as the IWP file. This way, when someone logs in to the IWP file, their credentials are passed to the calendar and it is opened with the same account. That should be all you need, but if the sample data still isn't showing up, make sure that the accounts in the calendar file are all associated with a privilege set which has the iwp extended privilege enabled.

Let me know if that gets it working for you.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:23 pm
that's great John, thanks.
next issue is that the text describing the appointment etc is almost below the linespace allowed for the entry. ie all we see is the date and the appointment type, then a rather big gap, then the tops of the letters of what i assume is the desription... can you shed any light on this?

SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:30 am
Looks like that might be the top of the characters as you suggest. If so, you might check to see if you have any carriage returns in the data (or in the calcs you're showing on this layout) or if you're using any unusual fonts in the data. I think playing around with the layout (changing the size and font of the fields there) will get you what you need.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Calendar