New Cal Pro 10x with Data Separation

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:30 am
I've got the new Cal Pro 10x and am trying to integrate it with my db which is broken into UI and data files. I made a guess at how to separate the new cal.

Edit: A clicks in the calendar window shift focus to the Calendar Helper window and dont return. Also the Calendar window doesnt display properly.

I imported your SampleEvents table into my data file where my existing contacts table resides. And put the other tables into the UI file along with the scripts and value lists. I think I followed the integration directions correctly, but obviously was improvising in the separation. I noticed in the SampleEvents table there is a calc referring to the other tables which got commented out during the import, since the referenced tables are in the other file. Other than that all seemed to go smoothly.

Can the new cal be separated and if so how?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:38 pm
Ken and I are working on some display problems back channel (problems that have to do with have multiple windows open at once), but the separation question is itself pretty straight forward...

You don't have to do much different to use this in a separated system. You can find some notes about this here.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:53 pm
Update: I started this thread wondering about separating the calendar data from the User Interface. I've had some time to work with the new calendar and have implemented the data separation without much of a hitch. The events table is easily separated from the rest of the calendar. The other tables are for UI.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:46 pm
I tried to use the SeedCode Calendar Free (build 1.09) with separation in my solution, and it didn't work properly. I even tried pointing SampleEvents table in the SeedCode file to my data file, but that caused problems as well (the calendars didn't display properly, I kept getting find errors, and when clicking any button on the calendar I would be sent away from the active window). Is there something I'm doing wrong here? Something obvious I'm missing?

Thanks for any help!
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:58 am
Hey Steven,

The free calendar is pretty simple and *usually* easy to integrate, but you do need to follow the instructions carefully and do everything in the proper order so scripts, for example, find the layouts they're looking for.

Email me (john at seedcode.com) a copy of your file and I'll be happy to see if it is something simple you may have overlooked.
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Calendar