Changing info displayed in calendar views

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:52 pm
Hi all,

I'm an end user modifying the Complete solution to run our small photographic studio. I've been using FM8.5 and Seedcode Complete1 for a few years.

Just getting my teeth into the mods we need for the new versions, can anybody tell me where I can edit the information that displays in the calendar row views? (Previous version used a portal with multiple fields but now I find myself trying to trace a calculation and I evidently have no talent or future in the calc detective line) :!:

As delivered Seedcode displays Start Time, Project, Contact, Event Summary here. I'd like to display Start Time, Staff, Event Description, Contact

Thanks
Rob
Last edited by RobertFrith on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:30 pm
Hi Robert,

The data shown on the calendar comes from whatever field (or calc field) you've mapped to the "Summary" on your Source No 1 layout. Your can red a more about this here:

http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... dingFields

And here:

http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... LineEvents
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:35 am
Thanks John,

I've duplicated the default calc for that field and made my mods. One of the things I've included in the List is Staff. Where multiple staff are assigned to an event I'm getting a carriage return between the two sets of initials.

Day view

and week view

Any way around this?
Thanks
Rob
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:42 am
Looking good Rob. Wrap the staff field in a Substitute function, substituting the paragraph symbol for a comma.
John Sindelar
SeedCode
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:19 pm
Thanks again :D I've sorted that, this is how those views look now. Any tips on getting the day view event to use some more of the vacant screen real estate out to the right are welcome - we get quite a few short appointments.

I've also found a little bug; the NameFull calcs in the Contacts table are both the same! Here's a screenshot from the FirstLast one

should be NameFirst & " " & NameLast
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:21 pm
Nice catch. Thanks for that!

As for the day view, you can add natural fields there following this tip (the "day view" section):

http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... dingFields
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Calendar