show a full list of events on any given day

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:02 am
I need to show a list of events from any chosen day. Is this possible?
I would like to be able to use the event list / or something similar to display which events are active on this given day.

At present it shows only the date start and date end so filtering / searching doesnt help... (unless i am having a braindead day)

If its possible to duplicate / modify the day view in the calendar to do this then any advice welcome...

Thanks in advance.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:19 am
You're talking about the list view and how when searching in list view can be tricky to concoct a search that includes ALL events that might start on or span that day.

A couple options:

You might try the "Simple" version of the Day view on the calendar (Settings, "use simple...") perhaps in conjunction with adding a scroll bar: http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... heCalendar

You could also script this find because while complicated to type in each time, it is pretty easy to script. You'll actually find a script in then calendar already doing this. Take a look at the script "Write FileMaker Source to Variable" and copy all the steps above the comment "Find" as the basis for your new script. Replace the Go To Object steps with Go To Field steps and add a step after Enter Find Mode to move to the Event List layout. Should be a good start for you.

Note that this script uses the calendar's current "range" so it finds a months worth of events if you're on the month view. This way it could give you a list representing any view. Or you could replace the Set Variable lines up from to always use the current day.

Hope that helps,

John
John Sindelar
SeedCode

Return to SeedCode Calendar