pre-filter with find

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:05 am
Hi,

I need to pre-filter the calendar and use a find request to filter out certain records in my table to show the dates only for those records.

My table has a field called name and I want to filter out records for a certain name and only show the dates on those records.

Is this possible with the calendar? Thanks.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:43 am
Hello,

You certainly can do this. We actually use Find Requests for our default filtering, so adding requests is pretty simple. We have some documentation here on both adding your own filters, and pre-filtering.

http://www.seedcode.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.p ... ar.Filters

Let me know if that helps,
Jason
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:49 pm
The documentation describes how to filter statically (the filters are hard-coded, needs to be set up in advance).

I need to pre-filter dynamically, where I will have to filter based on a name dynamically. A name will be selected by a user and then I will need to filter based on that name dynamically and show events for that name.

Is this possible with the calendar? Thanks.
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:29 am
Hi Sohala,

I might not be understanding correctly, so let me know. The pre-filters are static by their nature as they're basically default settings before any of the dynamic filtering is done. The regular filtering fro the calendar is dynamic. We have selectors set up for event name, project name, status and resources. Adding one for staff/names would be easy, and many people convert the resources selector to staff/names.

Screen shot 2011-07-11 at 8.24.51 AM.png
Screen shot 2011-07-11 at 8.24.51 AM.png (33.89 KiB) Viewed 2585 times

Let me know if I'm close,
Jason

Return to SeedCode Calendar