Problems with Calendar Pro filtering.

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:19 pm
Hi,
I'm having a problem with the filtering of Calendar Pro. I've attached a screen shot of the filter value list.

If I filter on Bayview-Southeast................, or either of the Mission's, it works. If I filter on any other items in the list, nothing shows up. This is driving me more nutz than I already am! :mrgreen:

ANY THOUGHTS would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Larry
Attachments
Neighborhood Courts.jpg
Value List to be filtered
Neighborhood Courts.jpg (66.29 KiB) Viewed 3405 times
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:46 pm
Hi Larry,

So this is a value list based on Projects right? It should have the id as the first field and then the display as the second field, so when it runs through the script "Apply Filter to Found Set" it should constrain what was found by date range to the events with the selected project id. Should be pretty air tight. If the date range has already filtered out any events with the project you've selected, then those won't show up, but I'm guessing you know that.

If you can run the debugger during the "Apply Filter to Found Set" script, then you may see why it's not finding anything. Otherwise, I'm not sure.

If you can't figure it out, let me know and I'd be happy to take a look at your file(s) to see if I can tell what's going on.

Thanks!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:54 pm
Hi Jason,

This value list is based on field entries in the related file, not record ID's... if that is what you're referring to.

This particular client is another consultant who provides Citrix services. I log in via citrix and they don't have fm advanced, so I'll get a copy pulled down and run the debuger and data viewer.

Best,
L
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:00 pm
Right, so if that value list does not have ids in the first field, and the long string we're seeing is the first value than it's trying to do a find with that long value, i.e.

ChinaTown - Cathay Post Legion Hall- 1524 Powell Street (Powell @ Vallejo)

which is pretty long criteria to search by, plus if this is the value that's getting entered into find mode as criteria, I'd be suspicious of the "@" as those are find operators for FileMaker, and they might be confusing it.

hth and let us know.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:48 pm
Jason,
Great point about the "@" character, I was thinking high ASCI characters may be the problem, and because "@" is an operator, that would make sense.

Return to SeedCode Calendar