Odd display issue in week and month views

Support for our integrated Contact Manager, Calendar, and Project Tracker.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:22 am
Somehow there is some extraneous data appearing every wednesday and saturday on our calendar. Neither event can be clicked on, all other events can. On Wednesday the event appears in the section for all day events, but appears six rows from the top with no other items on that day's all day events. On Saturday the item appears on the row for 130pm but it has no Time prefix in the description and also cannot be clicked on.

The Wednesday item contains "mailto:" followed by a yahoo address. Saturday's description contains a link to a blogspot post.

I assume they both exist in the details text field of an event, but I am not able to find any events which contain this data.

Also, I share this calendar to iCal using Zulu. These events do not appear in iCal. And the validate script does not find any records.

I also exported all events in the events table, including all fields, to a tab delimited text file. I cannot find the data in this exported file either...

Do you have any suggestions on how I might troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks,

Rusty
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:52 am
Hey Rusty,

Hope all is well. I think I know what's going on here. The calendar interface is made up of open container fields, so that you can drag and drop events around. The problem with this is that you can actually drag or copy text or objects from outside FileMaker into them, and since FileMaker doesn't know what to do with them...there they sit. We've seen this a few times and it's usually done by accident.

The fix is easy. Go to the Calendar Records layout and delete all the records there (should be 100). Then restart the file, and the opening routine will recreate them. This clears out the extra stuff that got dragged in by mistake.

I'm pretty sure that's it, but let me know if they're still there after doing that.

Cheers,
Jason
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:56 pm
Yes this fixed the issue. Thank you!!

Return to SeedCode Calendar