Questions and suggestions for the CC Calendar product.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:32 am
I have imported records into the appointments database. I used a text import and everything has imported correctly. I have encountered one problem. In the CCalendar when I select a record in the daily view the Calendar Utility pops up. The calendar utility does not show any of the field information, it is blank. If I enter information through the calendar utility and later come back to modifiy the record it works fine. Maybe I did not perform the import the proper way.
Any suggestions?
SeedCode Staff
SeedCode Staff
Posts: 2760
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:01 am
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:35 am
Good Question. I think you failed to get a value into the ApptPrimeIDX field for each record. Some details about this follow.

Each record in the Appointments file needs to have its own unique identifying ID number. The field used for this is called ApptPrimeIDX. When you import records into the Appointments file you should have set "Perform Auto enter..." to "On". This would have allowed the Appointments file to create unique ID NUmbers for these records as they were imported.

At this point you can simply add that field (ApptPrimeIDX) to any layout in the appointments file and, having found all records lacking a ApptPrimeIDX value, replace them all with new serial numbers. Be sure to start with a number higher than any of the ApptPrimeIDX values already in use. To do this you'll need to edit the definition of ApptPrimeIDX to allow modification and then, when you're done, you'll want to edit the definition again so the next serial number used is one higher than the last one in use.

The Utility was failing to edit records because it uses this ApptPrimeIDX field to identify which appointment to edit. This field is also used to keep track of all repetitions of a given appointment.
John Sindelar

Return to CC Calendar (FM6)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Follow us: